Remember when I said that this wasn't the place that I would try to piece together the puzzle of life? Remeber when I said that this was where I was just going to vent? My public journal? Well, this is a combination of the two.
Life is a beautiful thing. We are given the opportunity to grow, to learn, to find who we really are and then share it with those around us who are trying to do exactly the same thing. We see how cruel people can be and how good people can be, as well. We learn to love. To want to make someone happy. To do whatever we can to make that person happy.
This life is a gift. This life is wonderful. How sad it is when someone leaves it.
I heard a story once... It went something like this...
"A little boy and his mother were talking about their very sick dog who had recently died.
'Are you okay?' the mother asked her son.
'Yes,' replied the boy. 'Mom, we come to earth to learn how to love each other and be happy, right?'
'Yes, we do.' the mother answered, unsure of where this question had come from.
'I think dogs learn this faster than people do. That's why they don't live as long.'"
I think the same thing can be applied to people. We come here to learn how to love and how to be happy. And it's easier for some than it is for others. I think there are some who pass at a young age because they learned these things much faster than the rest of us.
I know he did.

This is beautiful, Mike. I know he did too. <3
ReplyDelete