Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Time

So here I am, trying to think about what I'm going to say for my talk in church this Sunday. For all of you who don't know, I'm going to serve a mission in Guatemala for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for two years. I'm super excited and super nervous and super scared all at the same time. I can't wait to go but I don't want to leave. I'm really not looking forward to saying goodbye to everything I know and have grown to love so much.

But anyways, back on topic... I'm leaving in two weeks and this Sunday I have been asked to give a talk in my church meeting. The topic: "How I have prepared to serve a mission and why missionary work is important."

Wait, what? Okay, I know what all of this means, but I have to talk about it? I do? ME? I shouldn't be going on a mission! I'm not old enough! I should be watching my brother go, watching him get ready, waiting for my turn to come! I've grown up knowing I'd be going on a mission, and I've been taught and told that my whole life! I've been raised singing the song "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission" in primary. I was told that throughout my whole life I should be preparing and getting ready to go to a different place, for me a different country, for two years! Two years!!

Despite these anxious feelings, I'm going. I've been called to serve. I've been waiting for these two years my whole life. Everything I've done has been in preparation for these two years. Every class I've taken and every person I've spoken to. Every mistake I've made and every obstacle I've triumphed. Somebody in Guatemala is waiting for me...

So here I go!

Michael, your time has come.

(wish me luck!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Mike, you will do fineeeee!! you are gonna be a great missionary, and you are ready for this. Can't wait to hear your talk!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ladder day saints mk?
    for real?
    hahaha.

    ReplyDelete